Families are Forever

Monday, March 5, 2012

Diva Cup??

How have I gotten through the last 10 years without a DIVA CUP?? (if you're a dude, you won't appreciate this post. You should really stop reading)

Why has no one told me about these?!

You save money & time.

(Seriously, males, stop reading now!)

If you don't know what a Diva Cup is, it's a menstrual cup.

That's right, instead of a tampon that you have to change every 4 hours, you use a silicon cup. It can be there for up to 12 hours. So, its like putting your period on hold and then controlling when it comes out.
Someone I worked with like 5 years ago casually mentioned she heard about it, and we all thought it was a crazy idea. After having 2 kids and going without a period for 3 years (since I was breastfeeding) buying a box of tampons once a month was bugging me. So I thought there has to be a better way. Turns out lots of women love them. After using it for a couple months, it pays for itself! And no more waste in the landfills (I say, as I have paper/plastic plates/utensils in my cupboard).

I wish I'd known about these earlier. (I doubt any boys stopped reading)

17 comments:

Katherine at ayearinfireandice.com said...

I LOVE my diva cup! I seriously have no idea how I got on without it! Anytime I bring it up with my friends they think I'm crazy, but they are totally the best!

Katie said...

So have you used it? Me and my sister were making fun of these hahahahah

Carly said...

YES Katie, haha! Started using it yesterday and I'll never go back.

Seth & Kirie said...

Okay, so the real question here is can you have sex with it in? If so, I'm sold.

Carly said...

haha, no Kirie..it doesn't go that far "up there". That wouldnt be really freakin awesome though.

Carly said...

WOULD be...I meant that WOULD be awesome.

Michelle said...

not gonna lie ... these kinda freak me out.

Seth & Kirie said...

Damn. I was hoping it was THAT amazing. I should invent that...billion dollar invention!!!

Jana said...

I tried it, but I didn't think it was better than tampons, since if you have a heavy flow day you still have to empty it often or the cup will leak. Plus it's much messier than tampons, can't wash it in public bathrooms, etc.. When I lost mine I wasn't very sad about it.

Carly said...

Well, yes I couldn't go 12 hours the first heavy day. But I went longer than I could with a tampon. Also, I dont have to empty it every time I pee like I would with a tampon. I have found it can be a little difficult to remove..especially if you have recently come into contact with any "lubricant"..haha!

Sarah said...

I can't believe you are serious!?!? What the??

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers