Families are Forever

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm SO ECSTATIC...

I could cry. I got teary eyed.

On the way home from Zumba (so, the endorphins were already flowin..feelin good) tonight, I heard a radio advertisement. It was about PURPLE crying.

P.U.R.P.L.E. stands for:
Peak of Crying
Unexpected
Resists Soothing
Pain-like Face
Long Lasting
Evening

ever since I got pregnant/had a baby, it seems I hear about a parent/babysitter killing a baby at least once a week. It breaks my heart. I've been there, only a few times, where Kaius cries and cries and cries. Wont eat, Clean bum, Wont sleep. One time I was overwhelmed and started crying...right when the relief society presidency decided to pop in unexpectedly.
I just love looking like I haven't showered/slept in weeks, not wearing a bra, and am blubbering like an idiot.
Anyway, I see advertisements for no drunk/drowsy driving, help with quitting tobacco, immunize your children, etc, etc.
I thought, "Why aren't they doing advertisements for not shaking your baby? Sometimes after trying EVERYTHING its ok to place them in their crib and walk away to gather yourself together." I wished they would make billboards. But I just didn't know who to contact about it.

Looks like someone took initiative. Bless their heart.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers